- Holy crap, 2 days until we leave. I can't believe it's finally here!
- Packing is going well - everything is pulled together except for stuff I am still using
- Last long run tomorrow. Wow, I can't believe I made it to the end of training!
- Nasty cough is still hanging around, will probably go back on Monday to see what magic potions the doctor can shoot me up with.
- Pacebands - a bit mystified as to which ones I should print out for the marathon. I have no idea what pace I'll feel like running (be able to run) that day!
- Snacking. I choose to believe it's because I'm at the end of a pretty rigorous training plan that I feel like I'm hungry all the time but holy cow all I wanna do is snack!
- Remembered the sweet present Hubs gave me on Christmas - cash with a card that read "We're so proud of your accomplishments, use this money to create a photo book of your WDW journey". After so many weekends leaving the fam at home, it means to so much to hear that.
- Popcorn. The fresh homemade kind. With butter. Definitely my snack of choice for tonight.
- Sad that I missed out on even applying for the WDW Marathon Weekend Meetup but after viewing the schedule it wouldn't have really worked anyway because of the 5k and since I'm running with two lovely running buddies, I'd hate to have had to forfeit the race. Excited to read everyone else's recaps though!
- I know it's just the Goofy Challenge but I kind of think this must be what first time Olympians feel like heading off to the Games. There is just so much excitement and anticipation and hope for a good race. It's cool. I'm trying to enjoy all these feelings as much as possible.
- Got my US travel pass for my phone - reduced rate Twitter, Facebook and text messaging here I come! (So much better than the small fortune I spent while in Las Vegas last month!)
- Should probably think about heading to bed early tonight to relax and get a good sleep. that 5am run is going to come soon!
- But after the popcorn. Definitely after the popcorn.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
On leaving for WDW in 2 days...
Saturday night. We leave for Florida and whatever fate awaits for us at Walt Disney World in just two more days. I wish I had some profound, inspirational or helpful post for tonight. But I don't. Just the following random thoughts floating around in my Goofy-soaked brain...