And I really want my Surrey Marathon post to make sense because it was quite the day yesterday! There were highs, there were lows, I was dry, I was wet, there were smiles and definitely a few tears.
So in the meantime, here's a few of the high points and hence, my un-race-report:
- Marathon #3 was a toughie!
- It was very wet but not nearly as wet as it could have been
- My sister rocked her first marathon
- At 5:02:49 I didn't meet any of my time goals
- And that doesn't really bug me
- I have some very determined, strong and wonderful friends
- I am more tired than I think I have ever felt before
- Time to rest and get ready for the next one
- Hot damn that medal is huge!
Stay tuned for the real race report in the next couple of days.
Thank you so much to everyone for all of the amazing messages of support and encouragement yesterday. Even though I didn't get the chance to reply to each one, I read them all and it made a huge difference on one very wet, cold, windy and challenging day.